Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fall Lookbook

A couple of things online have been itching to get into my closet, so I thought I'd share here. I just purchased my first ever pair of military style boots, and it was a long time in the making. I just hope they fit. I also bought an amazing pair of lace-up heels by Ugg, called Elyse, but the store didn't have my exact size, so back they went, and now I'm regretting it a little. Here's a pic of those...
Basically, the platform came out a little over half an inch past my toes, so it looked a bit strange in the half size up. They're online for double the price I paid at Marshalls. So I thought I'd settle for these suede lace-ups by Donald J Pliner, although I'm still not sure about them. I'll see what they look like when they get here.


Maybe these BCBGeneration Hans boots would be better?


I've also been thinking of adding boat shoes to my collection. I tried a pair of Bed Stu spiked ones in the last size but they were too small, so now I'm thinking of some all black Sperry topsiders. I could probably use the brown ones, but...meh.



The majority of my closet is black, so I've been trying to incorporate more green and mauve/lavender colors, such as below, but it's really hard picking an outfit all at once. Green is good though because it goes with black or brown, so I can make new additions work with what I already have.


This outfit above is from ASOS, one of my favorite online shopping destinations. I just got a cream colored henley with crochet sleeves that looks identical to the white undershirt shown above, and recently had to retire my only pairs of grey pants, so these might be coming home with me along with the sweater. I also ruined my only black work pants and flip flops, so the to-buy list keeps getting longer and longer. Bye bye paycheck.

No comments:

Post a Comment