Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Halloween Decorating Inspiration

I'm always torn between Halloween and Christmas. Both involve candy, decorations, feasts, weather to suit the mood, and fun. Both can even include costumes: witches and ghouls or Santa and his elves. You can go trick-or-treating or caroling. You can give out candy or presents. So, you see why I can't decide which holiday is my favorite?

It makes me very upset that the people on my block do not celebrate either holiday (decor-wise). It doesn't matter if you're religious or not, it's just fun to celebrate stuff, especially for the kids. Even if you "don't believe" or question the origins of the holiday, celebrate the day like you would Thanksgiving, as a time to have fun, eat, and be with family. That's my opinion, anyway.

Trend Hunter via Decorology

TraditionalHome.com

Birch and Lily


MarthaStewart.com

Image source unknown

Pottery Barn

Country Living

And from my own home:





If only I had outdoor electric sockets I could decorate outside, too.

3 comments:

  1. I wish everyone got into the spirit like you do! I love, love, love decorating for Halloween and I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think decorating for a holiday beats just sitting around doing nothing. It makes those few holidays seem special, rather than "just another day."

    ReplyDelete