Thursday, October 27, 2011

House Tour: Rose's Kitchen & Hearth Room

This will be my first house tour (other than my own) so please let me know if you like it!
I thought the kitchen and sitting area would be perfect to start with because of the rich fall paint colors. I would also like to add a note on how much of her accessories and furniture are not "new," meaning, most of it is from two or three houses ago and some has come from the house she grew up in. The chandeliers, which I think make the house, seem to have been the big splurge.
















They plan on putting a hood over the stove, rather than a microwave, because it is closer to a traditional European cooking fireplace. For the same purpose, the backsplash over the stove is reminiscent of the bricks on the inside of a traditional fireplace/hearth.The hearth room is an extension of the kitchen and can seat up to 30 guests when needed. Their house was built with entertaining in mind, and there are a lot of comfortable sleeping areas for guests that have double functions.

That's it for today! Next time I will post pictures of the living room, dining room and hallways.
I am also working on redecorating their "bonus room," so keep watching for pictures of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment