Thursday, January 5, 2012

Inspired to Use Color

Found this in an email from Traditional Home:


and I realized how easy it would be to make my living room look very similar. Below is a picture of my space with a newly aquired big, heavy, wooden sign I painted blue, although it is not up on the wall yet, it is just resting on top of the bookcases. (By the way, I'd love to get a brown zebra cowhide for the room.)


I am not sure yet if I want to make this change. I really love the room as it is now (see below) and I wonder if the sign will be too much for the small space. The sign would sit a little higher on the wall, behind the TV, than it does in the picture above. When viewing the picture below, note that the ugly gray leather sofa is going bye bye as soon as possible. What do you think I should replace it with? I was thinking of a beige linen chaise or extra wide club chair...


So, your thoughts? Keep it warm and cozy, or add a pop of color? It won't look so silly when that sofa is replaced, but maybe the sign would look better painted black instead of blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment