Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Do-it-Yourself Headboard

When we bought our house we picked out a king size bedframe from Art Van that did not make it past our hallway, so for over six months our box spring has been sitting in the package it came in and it is sitting on the floor. Sometime soon I am going to try my luck at making a DIY headboard to fit our king size bed. It has to be tall enough to reach the height of the mirrors on both dressers, which reach our slanted ceiling. I intend for it to end up looking a little bit like this, specifically in height, only I don't want it to be tufted.
Jennifer Ferreira in House and Home

After coming across this blog post: http://dudeanddudetinteriors.blogspot.com/2010/04/another-diy-headboard.html and then this blog post http://dudeanddudetinteriors.blogspot.com/2010/03/nailed-it.html I decided it can't be that hard to make a headboard myself.

I would really love to make this blue velvet one for my friend, whose master bedroom would look great with this wall color, headboard and a green chair. (Although there are an infinite amount of other options.)

Interiors Magazine via Belle Maison

No comments:

Post a Comment